[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?

Mike MacCana mikem@cyber.com.au
Sun Feb 15 19:47:32 PST 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Greg Folkert wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 21:15, Mike MacCana wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Greg Folkert wrote:
> >
> > > Reason being, it is the distribution where every architecture (11
> > > officially supported right now) is treated the same. Can you say that
> > > about Mandrake, RedHat, Gentoo?
> >
> > Yes. Red Hat supports seven architectures. Its not eleven, but to be
> > honest, I don't give a fuck about installing Linux on my Atari.
> >
> > The architecture thing is pretty much a myth.

> Superciliousness is quite obvious... 31337 evidence... PASS.
>
> And BTW, I meant *CURRENTLY* supporting those architectures, not past
> tense or unofficially. It DOES make a difference.

I do too. x86, Itanium II, AMD64, PowerPC iSeries, PowerPC pSeries,
mainframe ZSeries, S390.

If I was talking about unoffically, I'd mention that there's Red Hat
staff paid to maintain the Sparc port by Sun.

> BTW, I give a fuck about those architectures. I use about 5 of them you
> probably never HAVE used.

Ohh. That's three, maybe three point five geek points there.

> Stay in your Intel world.

Who said anything about Intel exclusivity.

> Stay the fuck out of
> any arch that really works, you'll just get in the way.

Ooooooh. Please get angier. That way people reading my post, your
rather presumptive agressive reply, and my response to that will know
exactly how dumb you were to use such language without doing five seconds
worth of fact checking on google.

Mike