[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Mike MacCana mikem@cyber.com.au
Sun Feb 15 18:09:12 PST 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Andrew wrote:

> I haven't met a distro with a dependency
> tracking package manager that I've actually liked since they all fall into
> the same trap...  the second I need software that isn't in package or
> source package form I am now stuck using two package managers; the one the
> distro uses and the one in my head.

It shouldn't take more than two minutes to build an RPM of anything which
uses GNU autoconf, and from what I know of dpkg it shouldn't be any
different.

Mike