[linux-elitists] Re: [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?

Tim Hammerquist tim+linux-elitists@vegeta.ath.cx
Sun Feb 15 17:10:36 PST 2004

Greg KH wrote:
> Tim Hammerquist wrote:
> > Greg KH wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh that's a pretty "unique" way of saying that they still rely on
> > > the 2.2 kernel.  There's all sorts of reason why doing this is
> > > a bad idea, and none of it has to do with SCO, so don't try to
> > > claim that...
> >
> > I've never used Debian's 2.2 kernel.
> >
> > I don't like using the 2.2 kernel.
> >
> > No one said Debian's rationale had anything to do with SCO.
>
> Then justify your sentance above please.

I don't see what needs justification, but if it helps you sleep, here's
a rephrase:

> In fact, AFAIK, [by freak accident caused by Debian stable's paranoid
> personality,] Debian's default install doesn't contain any kernel
> code which has been claimed by SCO.

The additional phrase should also help illustrate how the original
phrasing really didn't imply any influence by SCO in the first place,
reader's inference notwithstanding.

Cheers,
Tim Hammerquist