[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?

Sean Neakums sneakums@teh.entar.net
Sun Feb 15 14:07:12 PST 2004

Jim Richardson <warlock@eskimo.com> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 12:54:30PM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>>On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 12:36:18PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
>>> Release files are in turn signed by the master package-releasing
>>> program's gpg key, and the hash stored in Release.gpg in the same
>>> directory.  If you're utterly paranoid, you can configure your system
>>> checks _that_ signature against the debian-keyring set.
>>
>>In fact, apt 0.6 in experimental defaults to performing this check (as
>>well as checking the md5sums of the packages, of course).
>
> I am running Sid, isn't that experimental enough/ :)

Sid is *boring*, mang.

I'm just waiting for Linux 2.7 to open, so that I can get back up to
my quota of bleeding-edge excitement.  And also so that I can start
referring to Linux 2.6 as "legacy Linux 2.6".