[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Feb 15 12:19:24 PST 2004

Quoting Jim Richardson (warlock@eskimo.com):

> I have never used Slackware, although I have considered it a time or
> two, and one of these days, will do so, just because. But I have found
> that I don't care for the bsd style inits, and that's somewhat holding
> me back. Although the big holdback is available time.

You know, it's not quite what you want, but Slackware _does_ at least
support running SystemV init scripts when you install software that
expects that architecture into the system:  See:
http://www.slackware.com/config/init.php

What would be really nice would be if you were offered your choice of
either init for the system's basic structure, as was the case with
Stapede.

--
Cheers,                            Why, yes, _of course_ I'm an elitist.
Rick Moen                          Isn't everyone?