[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Academician Kula tkula@io.com
Sun Feb 15 11:42:44 PST 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Rick Moen wrote:

>Quoting Andrew (akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com):
>
>> For me, Slackware is the true elitsts' distro.  Perhaps SLS if it were still
>> around.  :-) i
>
>You know, I think I still have some 386BSD 0.1 floppy images around, if
>you'd like to try that.  Stick to the tried and true, I say.

A couple of InstallFests ago, we had a machine that was having all kinds
of weird hardware errors, and wouldn't take anything (we tried a couple of
Linux distros and at least NetBSD). Finally we just put Minix on the
machine. We couldn't do much, but at least it had banner.

--
Thomas L. Kula | tkula@io.com | http://www.madscientistresearch.net
Mathom House upon the Canw, The People's Republic of Ames