[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Sun Feb 15 11:37:03 PST 2004

> > For me, Slackware is the true elitsts' distro.  Perhaps SLS if it
> > were still around.

> Please explain to me how these are more elitist than Linux From Scratch.

Actually I do use LFS for the CF-based firewalls I distribute around town
here.  LFS isn't elite to me because they give you step-by-step
directions...

It's like "roll your own Linux for dummies" -- not necessarily bad, but the
fact that you got it up and running has as much to do with your ability to
follow directions as it does any real knowledge you have.  :-)

-A.