[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Sun Feb 15 09:47:03 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 12:36, Andrew wrote:
> > doesn't this do that: sed -i -e s/\ Linux\ /\ GNU\/Linux\ / [inputfile]
>
> Not all references to Linux are GNUified, thank ${DIETY}.  :-)
>
> > Well, seems to me you need some "code quality" training.
>
> Nonsense.  I don't agree with the Debian way.  It's good for many and that
> is fine and dandy, but I get more bang for my buck (or rather my time goes
> farther) with something like Slackware.

I have to admit, Slackware is the only other distro I use willingly. I
have a subscription to it. I believe I have a lifetime subscription (I
still pay for it but at a reduced rate). I ordered that quite a few
years ago, back just before Slackware Pro (1996 or so) cam out.

> I must admit though that out of all the dep-tracking distros I have tried,
> Debian is pretty damned slick.

Agreed.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net