[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Sun Feb 15 09:36:42 PST 2004

> doesn't this do that: sed -i -e s/\ Linux\ /\ GNU\/Linux\ / [inputfile]

Not all references to Linux are GNUified, thank ${DIETY}.  :-)

> Well, seems to me you need some "code quality" training.

Nonsense.  I don't agree with the Debian way.  It's good for many and that
is fine and dandy, but I get more bang for my buck (or rather my time goes
farther) with something like Slackware.

I must admit though that out of all the dep-tracking distros I have tried,
Debian is pretty damned slick.

-A.