[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Sun Feb 15 09:33:50 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 08:46, Andrew wrote:
> > Not elite enough to use two package managers?  I use Linux to simplify my
> > life, not complicate it.  Dependency tracking distros that do not have
> > every piece of software for the operating system do not make my life
> > simpler.
>
> Although I should add that creating REAL packages for Debian is one of the
> more time consuming of all package creations...  Not so much the dependency
> information but changing practically every mention of Linux into GNU/Linux
> while slavering away like Pavlov's dog in a clock store at high noon and
> putting all the bits of program into where Debian wants them...

doesn't this do that: sed -i -e s/\ Linux\ /\ GNU\/Linux\ / [inputfile]

> I admit if you _do_ do that you create a very high level of consistency but
> Jeebus, I ain't that picky about things, even for a Linux-elitist, and
> certainly not for software I don't intend to maintain a package for.

Well, seems to me you need some "code quality" training.

Of course, you realize the is a JOKE... a JOKE son!
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net