[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Sun Feb 15 05:56:52 PST 2004

> So what is not in Debian's universe of Free Software packages that you
> are not elite enough to package yourself? What are you doing using two
> package management tools?

The only one I can remember now is GNU-RADIUSd; And it's not a point of not
being elite enough to do something but rather that it wasn't worth my time
to do so; Debian didn't give me anything more over what I was already doing
so why make things more complicated?

Hell I already mentioned that I used Slackware; compiling from source and
using checkinstall to quickly create a package are not foreign ideas to me.

-A.