[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sun Feb 15 05:53:08 PST 2004

<quote who="Andrew">

> > You are not elite enough.
>
> Not elite enough to use two package managers?  I use Linux to simplify my
> life, not complicate it.  Dependency tracking distros that do not have
> every piece of software for the operating system do not make my life
> simpler.

So what is not in Debian's universe of Free Software packages that you are
not elite enough to package yourself? What are you doing using two package
management tools?

- Jeff

             "Laughter is a force for democracy." - John Cleese