[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Sun Feb 15 05:40:39 PST 2004

> > the second I need software that isn't in package or source package form
> > I am now stuck using two package managers; the one the distro uses and
> > the one in my head.

> You are not elite enough.

Not elite enough to use two package managers?  I use Linux to simplify my
life, not complicate it.  Dependency tracking distros that do not have
every piece of software for the operating system do not make my life
simpler.

-A.