[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Sam Phillips sam@dasbistro.com
Sun Feb 15 01:21:08 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004, at 10:12 +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> On Friday 13 February 2004 22:56, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> > begin  Shlomi Fish  quotation:
> > >
> > > Why do people here automagically assume I'm using Debian? There's an
> > > awful lot of Debianism here.
> >
> > 	It's the elitist's distro.  Duh.
> >

> What? Where? Why? How come?

:r!dict elitist
1 definition found

>From WordNet (r) 2.0 [wn]:

  elitist
       n : someone who believes in rule by an elite group [ant: {egalitarian}]

> * Debianists think Debian is the best possible distribution for all purposes.
> They think all other distributions are inferior, no matter how much their
> people like them.

Those people don't realize what they're missing yet.

> * That a great deal of them are otherwise arrogant, hyper-collectivists, and
> self-centered (why should we release SRPMs/RPMs? We use Debian!).

apt-get install alien

--
Sam Phillips <sam@dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
San Francisco                                                 California