[linux-elitists] oBSD-elitist: 56K virtual shared pipe for all 'Doze MTAs

Sam Phillips sam@dasbistro.com
Sat Feb 14 14:18:46 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004, at 16:00 PST, "Karsten M. Self" wrote:
> ObLinux:  Does linux have similar OS fingerprinting capabilities (I'm
> cramming on iptables ATM[1]) and / or the ability to throttle a designated
> class of traffic?

Here's a thread from Nov2003 with some info that seems pertinent to
doing this in Linux

    http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2003-November/013230.html

Of course after you have patches/upgraded to netfilter that supports
this you still need to tie it into the CBQ system, which I'm a bit rusty
on.

--
Sam Phillips <sam@dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
San Francisco                                                 California