[linux-elitists] rambleling about windows source code

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Fri Feb 13 18:38:50 PST 2004

<quote who="Ben Woodard">

> You know. I've been thinking release may have the positive side effect of
> finally settling the debate whether the philosophy of closed source is
> more secure than open source code for those who for some reason haven't
> been convinced yet.

Interesting spin in effect?

  "BetaNews has learned that Thursday's leak of the Windows 2000 source code
  originated not from Microsoft, but from long-time Redmond partner
  Mainsoft. The leaked code includes 30,915 files and was apparently removed
  from a Linux computer used by Mainsoft for development purposes."

  http://www.betanews.com/article.php3?sid=1076674118

- Jeff

  "When's the last time you heard of the police having to intervene at an
                   antiquarian book riot?" - Raph Levien