[linux-elitists] oBSD-elitist: 56K virtual shared pipe for all 'Doze MTAs

Nathan Poznick kraken@drunkmonkey.org
Fri Feb 13 16:11:11 PST 2004

Thus spake Karsten M. Self:
> 1.  OK, what is *your* favorite good description of the whole iptables
>     mess?  I've got Sonnenreich and Yates, _Building Linux and OpenBSD
>     Firewalls_, Wiley, and Ziegler _Linux_ Firewalls_, New Riders.  Both
>     cover ipchains / ipfwadmin.  I'm going through Rusty Russel's
>     unreliable guides (trying to find PS for printing).  And manpages
>     for iptables.  It's not sinking in.  fwbuilder was also rather more
>     puzzling than I'd hoped.

At some point in the past, I'd set out to get a firm understanding of
iptables, but got distracted by a shiny object along the way.  I ended
up using firehol to define my rules - it was something I could wrap my
brain around before getting distracted again.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken@drunkmonkey.org>

That which is everybody's business is nobody's business. - Izaak Walton