[linux-elitists] Re: Postfix anti-antivirs

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Tue Feb 10 18:31:41 PST 2004

On 11-Feb-2004, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2004, Phil Mayers <p.mayers@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> > So *I* am supposed to absorb the spam to help forged@example.com.
>
> example.com never did anything to you.

Likewise, Phil (as destination) is doing nothing to example.com.

The MTA attempting to pass malware on to the destination may fall back
to a bounce message, but the responsibility for that lies squarely with
the relaying MTA, *not* with the destination.

--
 \        "As soon as I get through with you, you'll have a clear case |
  `\                for divorce and so will my wife."  -- Groucho Marx |