Gerald Oskoboiny gerald@impressive.net
Tue Feb 10 17:15:13 PST 2004

* Martin Pool <mbp@samba.org> [2004-02-11 11:12+1100]
> On 10 Feb 2004, Tilghman Lesher <zgp-org@the-tilghman.com> wrote:

> > Dropping messages allows the problem to continue and introduces the
> > new problem of false positives disappearing silently.
>
> I didn't (mean to) say necessarily drop them: personally, I sequester
> them and check for false positives ever so often.

I used to do this and still do in a few cases, but I found that I
would get distracted with something else for a few weeks and come
back to find a 2 gig mailbox waiting for me to weed through.

Fortunately Mutt handles 2 gig mailboxes fine, but that doesn't
feel like a good use of my time, so I usually end up ignoring
such trapped mail, which is effectively the same as discarding it.

--
Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@impressive.net>
http://impressive.net/people/gerald/