[linux-elitists] Karma of meetup.com

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 10 10:09:38 PST 2004

Quoting Mister Bad (mr.bad@pigdog.org):

> meetup.com seems like the best way to do this. The most popular
> meetups there seem to have fairly sweet karma, including a lot of Free
> Software and Free Content projects. They've got a half-decent privacy
> statement and seem to be on the right side of the tracks.
>
> Before setting up the wikitravel.meetup.com, and putting our name on
> their site, I just wanna know: does anyone have any dirt on
> meetup.com? Are they evil in some indiscernable way?

No.

Significant use of their system requires paying them some sort of annual
subscription.  I personally haven't seen sufficient reason to do the
latter, but others will feel differently.

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!