[linux-elitists] Karma of meetup.com

Mister Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Tue Feb 10 09:58:04 PST 2004

So, I'm trying to instigate some kind of meeting system for
Wikitravellers. I think it'd be kind of cool to hook up with other
contributors in various farflung corners of the globe -- a standing
meeting in Bangkok, a standing meeting in Buenos Aires.

meetup.com seems like the best way to do this. The most popular
meetups there seem to have fairly sweet karma, including a lot of Free
Software and Free Content projects. They've got a half-decent privacy
statement and seem to be on the right side of the tracks.

Before setting up the wikitravel.meetup.com, and putting our name on
their site, I just wanna know: does anyone have any dirt on
meetup.com? Are they evil in some indiscernable way?

~Mr. Bad