[linux-elitists] SCO: SPFS, salvaging the company

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 9 09:17:19 PST 2004

on Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 09:09:54AM -0800, Wendell Cochran (atrypa@eskimo.com) wrote:
> Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 09:31:02 -0800
> From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
>
> > Bob Mims at the SLT is going to have plenty of mail
> > from the SCO Patent Fact Squad.
> [snip]
>
> Mims keeps saying SCO wants $50 billion from IBM, not $5 billion as
> reported elsewhere.  I think he's repeating a decimal slip all his
> own, but then he is in Salt Lake -- & McBride has been known to
> stretch the numbers.

I've written him about this explicitly.

It's an upper range on damages based on the claimed potential revenue
loss by Caldera/SCO, which is in the range of billions per year.
Apparently deriveable in filings dating back to last spring/summer
(June/July 2003).

Peace.

    America Trans Air (ATA) customer service sucks:
     http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/ata-sucks.html