[linux-elitists] homedir repository

Jamie Lawrence zgp-org@jal.org
Sun Feb 8 14:41:52 PST 2004

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004, Rob Walker wrote:

> So I know I am behind the times by a few years on this one, but where do
> you all keep your static data, config files, things you need on multiple
> machines?

I like unison.

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

Does bidirectional sync, works over ssh, can work with Windows if you
want.

I treat my laptop as my master source, and sync up with everything else
manually when I feel I need to. One can certainly be a lot more clever
than that, but it works for me.

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        jal@jal.org
"I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens,