[linux-elitists] On spam, stamps, and hygiene

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Sat Feb 7 10:34:08 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 02:48:49PM +0000, Phil Mayers wrote:

> "So kill them in a highly public and unpleasant manner! Shoot their kids
> and chop the hands off the techies that work for them for all I care.
> That ought to stop anyone trying to fill their shoes."
>
> Scary, scary stuff. I made my excuses and left him to his ravings...

No doubt his approach would have worked. We're lucky to live in a civilized
society, my former place of birth at some point totaled at least one contract
kill/day (blowing up cars, AK-47 blazing away, poison, that kind of stuff).

At some point in not my too recent past I had enough testosterone-driven
craziness to do something really foolish to a spammer I could have traced
down to my neighbourhood. Luckily, none has emerged.

Nowadays, I prefer technical solutions.