[linux-elitists] On spam, stamps, and hygiene

mr.bad@pigdog.org mr.bad@pigdog.org
Fri Feb 6 13:36:06 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 11:56:48AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Marketplace Radio carried a short fluff item on e-postage yesterday.
> Which is only about the third or forth fully clueless tech piece I've
> seen in the media this week.

So, I find it wondersome that so few of these media discussions bring up the
issue of digital signatures. Signed mail is not forged mail. Signed mail
does not break SMTP, MIME, or other standards. Signed mail does not require
a central authority to authenticate mail. Signed mail is better.

This message is not signed because I don't trust the server yet. But it should
be! Reject this message!

~Mr. Bad