[linux-elitists] BBC article -- Re: Factual Errors

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 5 16:17:59 PST 2004

on Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 10:27:24AM +1100, Martin Pool (mbp@samba.org) wrote:
> On  5 Feb 2004, "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > This isn't clear from the presentation of the article on your website.
> > Clearly denoting "news", "editorial", and "analysis" content is strongly
> > recommended.
>
> [nice work]
>
> As the Economist recently wrote about a BBC report
>
>   Sad to say, this report was typical of much of modern British
>   journalism: twisting or falsifying the supposed news to fit a
>   journalist's opinion about where the truth really lies.
>
>   http://economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=2397929

The irony there being, of course, that it's the Economist's pot calling
the BBC's kettle.

Mind:  I prefer either to most US news sources.  And was feeling badly
for the Beeb's "sexing up" scandal, though in retrospect, I'm kicking
myself for not working that in to the two bits above.

Peace.