rejecting spam at SMTP time (was Re: Postfix anti-antivirus (was Re: [linux-elitists] etc))

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 4 09:24:51 PST 2004

on Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 03:12:26PM -0600, Brian McGroarty (brian@mcgroarty.net) wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:08:50AM -0500, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:

> How do the list programs take to these rejected messages? Ever find
> yourself automatically unsubscribed from a list?

Not myself, but I've heard more than one person report same, yes.

In the case of list mail, better to drop than bounce, IMO.

Treat your list peers as unfiltered MX secondaries, IOW.

Peace.

    I managed to love simultaneously -- and this is not easy -- women
    and justice.
    -- Albert Camus, _The Fall_