Derek Vadala derek@cynicism.com
Tue Feb 3 08:52:36 PST 2004

Jeff Waugh said:

> No, I'm arguing that doing this kind of stuff (talking to
> MTA-independent anti-virus or anti-spam software) at SMTP time is
> boofheaded. So the rest of your points are mostly irrelevant, or perhaps

Have you gone mad? Dealing with this stuff at SMTP time is precisely how
you keep your shit working during an major outbreak, when you are managing
high-volume (more than half a million messages per day) transports with
AV/Spam checking and many thousand windows users on the inside.

P.S. I haven't actually been reading this thread, so if you are thinking
that this post totally misses the point, you're probably right.