Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Feb 2 23:25:29 PST 2004

<quote who="Rick Moen">

> > No, I'm arguing that doing this kind of stuff (talking to MTA-independent
> > anti-virus or anti-spam software) at SMTP time is boofheaded.
>
> Well, so much for rational discussion.

It's not like you were actually arguing this point, so one wonders why you'd
be offended.

> > The argument has nothing to do with whether you reject or discard the
> > email (that's a different argument entirely, and the answer is
> > "discard").
>
> Whenever you recover from whatever ails you, you can read about sa-exim.
> Or not.  Doesn't bother me either way.

This has nothing to do with the software choice. It's about being nice. It's
also nothing to do with the discussion in the linked thread (which was about
referring to external software during the SMTP conversation).

> > (SLUG is a technophobe mailing list?)
>
> Last I checked.  So, absent some sort of collective brain transplant,
> very likely still so.

Ah, back when you were asked to buzz off because you were behaving like a
stuck-up prick? Funny how that's only ever happened twice.

- Jeff

              Self-assertive pants are filled with confidence.