Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 2 23:13:16 PST 2004

Quoting Jeff Waugh (jdub@perkypants.org):

> No, I'm arguing that doing this kind of stuff (talking to MTA-independent
> anti-virus or anti-spam software) at SMTP time is boofheaded.

Well, so much for rational discussion.

> So the rest of your points are mostly irrelevant, or perhaps you're
> just answering the wrong person.

I'll go for the latter.

> The argument has nothing to do with whether you reject or discard the
> email (that's a different argument entirely, and the answer is
> "discard").

Whenever you recover from whatever ails you, you can read about sa-exim.
Or not.  Doesn't bother me either way.

> (SLUG is a technophobe mailing list?)

Last I checked.  So, absent some sort of collective brain transplant,
very likely still so.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      "vi is my shepherd; I shall not font."