Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Feb 2 23:05:17 PST 2004

<quote who="Rick Moen">

> Quoted URL is Jeff's own e-mail on his technophobe mailing list in Sydney,
> where he advances the idea that because of sundry theoretical MTA failure
> modes, the malware e-mail should just be dropped on the floor.

No, I'm arguing that doing this kind of stuff (talking to MTA-independent
anti-virus or anti-spam software) at SMTP time is boofheaded. So the rest of
your points are mostly irrelevant, or perhaps you're just answering the
wrong person. The argument has nothing to do with whether you reject or
discard the email (that's a different argument entirely, and the answer is
"discard").

(SLUG is a technophobe mailing list?)

- Jeff

              Self-assertive pants are filled with confidence.