Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Feb 2 20:42:48 PST 2004

<quote who="Teh Entar-Nick">

> It's also not quite so configurable as exim.

Yeah, major difference here is that in exim you can do Crazy Dynamic Shit,
which some people really love. I'm no so much of a fan for it. I really like
postfix's highly regulated map-driven config. But I can be anal retentive at
times.

That said, you can do some amazingly cunning stuff with exim.

> For example: I have exim set up to detect the presence of
> /var/lib/mailman/<local_part>/config.db and route to the appropriate
> mailing list program pipe if it's there.  That's it.

(Actually, mailman lets you do a very similar thing with postfix, too. It
will just build an alias database appropriate to reference in main.cf.)

- Jeff

                            "How was the opera?"
                     "The seats were very comfortable."