Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Mon Feb 2 18:11:14 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 06:01:25PM -0800, J. Paul Reed wrote:
> On 03 Feb 2004 at 12:48:23, Mike MacCana arranged the bits on my disk to say:
>
> > I've used Postfix for all of these. Its also Open Source and works
> > without taking over my system as if it wasa Unix MTA version of
> > RealPlayer.
>
> Postfix does all of the things you mentioned.
>
> And it's not written be a complete asshole who will boot you off 'his'
> mailing lists for disagreeing with him about something in 'his' MTA.

Quite the opposite.  I've seen Wietse Venema wind up agreeing with the
other side after long and heated discussion.  He's not an easy man to
convince but he listens to what is being said, thinks carefully
about it and isn't one bit afraid of saying, "You guys are right."

This is possibly the tie-breaker in my choice to use Postfix
whenever it fits the task.

--
Dan Wilder