Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Mon Feb 2 16:24:20 PST 2004

> Reject *means* bounce (when a real MTA is the client).

But if someone is sending me a virus and I reject the message they're
sending, how am I adding to the problem?

> > And yes, I do realize how ironic that is, considering all my servers
> > run free/open-source software.  Am I wrong in feeling that virus
> > scanning doesn't quite fit in to that philosophy?

> It seems so; Clam has been quicker than some of the proprietaries in
> recent times.

Yeah I caught that too when the last worm was making its rounds and Rav
didn't have a signature for it until about 36 hours after CLAM claimed to
have it.  I think I need to give this more thought.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew