Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Mon Feb 2 04:20:47 PST 2004

> It also adds to the global bounce-to-forged-addresses fuckage, and makes
> baby Jesus cry. I don't need any more clue from clueless drones who
> bounce viral and wormal mail.

I don't like making baby Jesus cry.  My AV scanner rejects the virused mail
on incoming SMTP instead of bouncing it.

Too bad Rav got bought out my MS.  I have been hearing very good things
about CLAMAV but I am leery of configuring my mail system around something
that requires fast updates and damn near perpetual monitoring (i.e.
up-to-date virus signatures) but has no revenue stream to keep those doing
it interested.

And yes, I do realize how ironic that is, considering all my servers run
free/open-source software.  Am I wrong in feeling that virus scanning
doesn't quite fit in to that philosophy?

Regards,
Andrew