{Spam?} Re: [linux-elitists] Ubuntu Love

Michael Montaigne rosebud@sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Dec 19 15:39:43 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 03:38:31PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> > this stuck-up ponce has to come in and pretend he doesn't know what
> > "props" means (presumably his Google is broken) and shit all over it
> > in a vain attempt to make himself look clever.

> Asking the person who uttered it seems the best way to clarify the
> meaning of a term; *not* asking would be the vain attempt to be clever.

Yes. I asked about it because:

	a) I had never seen that usage before (really).

	b) I couldn't find it in the Jargon File. (I looked.)

	c) I was curious as to whether any hacker-specific valence
	attached to the term, given the present context, i.e. on l-e.

Best regards,

--
M. Montaigne