{Spam?} Re: [linux-elitists] Ubuntu Love

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Sat Dec 18 20:38:31 PST 2004

On 18-Dec-2004, Peter Whysall wrote:
> this stuck-up ponce has to come in and pretend he doesn't know what
> "props" means (presumably his Google is broken) and shit all over it
> in a vain attempt to make himself look clever.

Asking the person who uttered it seems the best way to clarify the
meaning of a term; *not* asking would be the vain attempt to be clever.

Just because there is a Google-consensus definition of a term, doesn't
make that the intended meaning.  Viz "free software" and "hacker".

--
 \     "If I melt dry ice, can I swim without getting wet?"  -- Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |