{Spam?} Re: [linux-elitists] Ubuntu Love

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Sat Dec 18 08:24:46 PST 2004

begin  Michael Montaigne  quotation:
> > 	Your post reminds me of this guy:
> >
> > 		http://teh.entar.net/~nick/mail/neutered-zombies
>
> I could find no reason to wade through all that. If anyone else has,
> they haven't seen fit to say so or comment on what they found
> therein. The chain of associations which led you to be "reminded" of
> that piece of text might with justification be termed LOOSE.

	Damn, I never stored the thread after that post.  In it, he
sniffed at how useless IRC was because it was too hard to do
"peer-reviewed scientific work" in it.  Look out folks, IRC isn't
Communications of the ACM!  It's a place to chat!  BE WARNED!  BAN ALL
THE CHALKBOARDS, FOR THEY CONTAIN UNSUBSTANTIATED HYPTOTHESES AND
SLOPPY PENMANSHIP!

	So that's what your self-important college freshman tone
reminds me of.  You're writing like someone who thinks he sounds
educated because he's mimicking a 19th century novel.  Your mails read
like what stupid people think smart people write.

	I'm sorry that you think that jive or slang is "barbaric".
You obviously have some unresolved class issues (and probably race to
boot) that you have not yet worked out.  Kindly take your flowery
purple prose up to an icy peak and meditate on an ox for a while.

--
"I think that software engineering would help to prevent      Nick Moffitt
things like imake."                                          nick@zork.net