{Spam?} Re: [linux-elitists] Ubuntu Love

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu Dec 16 23:58:15 PST 2004

<quote who="D. Joe Anderson">

> I'm all aglow about what Ubuntu has started to do, and wish the developers
> all kind of mad success with their *planned* release cycle, but isn't it a
> bit premature for switchers and would-be switchers to enthuse about a
> release cycle before even a single full release-to-release cycle has
> actually occurred?
>
> I mean, the theory behind the plan sounds good to me.  It reportedly has
> worked well for GNOME, also a plus.  But . .  .  it's a bit like trying to
> call a trend based on a single data point.

That's what everyone said when GNOME 2.2 came out... :-)

    2.0: Negotiation period

    2.2: Five months, to the day

    2.4: Six months, to the day

    2.6: Little bit late for GTK+ 2.4, new file selector, server crack

    2.8: Six months, to the day

    2.10 on track for March, 2.12 in September

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

     "I think his crackpipe is mixed with helium or something." - Colin
                           Walters on Hans Reiser