{Spam?} Re: [linux-elitists] Ubuntu Love

D. Joe Anderson deejoe@raccoon.com
Thu Dec 16 21:20:55 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 04:37:26PM -0500, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> Peter Whysall wrote:
> >I've just replaced my Debian installation with Ubuntu. It rocks.
>
> Frequent release cycle [ . . . ]

I'm all aglow about what Ubuntu has started to do, and wish the
developers all kind of mad success with their *planned* release
cycle, but isn't it a bit premature for switchers and would-be
switchers to enthuse about a release cycle before even a single
full release-to-release cycle has actually occurred?

I mean, the theory behind the plan sounds good to me.  It
reportedly has worked well for GNOME, also a plus.  But . .  .
it's a bit like trying to call a trend based on a single data
point.

Eh, don't mind me, it must be all that Nyquist Cough Syrup
talking.

God bless all early adopters and their cute effusions.

--
Joe