[linux-elitists] Ubuntu Love

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Thu Dec 16 15:38:55 PST 2004

On December 16, 2004 05:17 pm, Rob McGee wrote:
> I've never been let down by Slackware, but I have too much to do
> nowadays; having more prepackaged software might save me time.

I used to think that too but having a single development environment on a USB2
drive where I could just plug in and compile, create the package and install
on any one of my machines seems to have taken that feeling away.

I mean I seem to only maintain asterisk, postgresql, postfix, mod_php,
mod_perl and a handful of Perl (and soon Python) slackware packages...  they
really don't change all that much, so it hasn't been too big a deal to
maintain them for my own use.

I'm curious -- what software do you routinely find yourself compiling for
slackware?

-A.