[linux-elitists] Ubuntu Love

Rob McGee list+Elite@nodns4.us
Thu Dec 16 14:17:50 PST 2004

On Thursday 16 December 2004 15:37, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> > I've just replaced my Debian installation with Ubuntu. It rocks.
>
> Frequent release cycle and up-to-date software; it fix the two major
> shortcomings of Debian quite nicely.  It will live on my new laptop
> (that I just unpacked 20 minutes ago).  Maybe I will finally see the
> light and understand what is so great about The Debian Way (tm).

Even /me, a Slackware loyalist since almost Day 1 in GNU/Linux, has
been motivated by the Ubuntu posts here: considering Ubunting my new
pair of old ThinkPads.

I've never been let down by Slackware, but I have too much to do
nowadays; having more prepackaged software might save me time.

Film at 11.
--
    Rob - /dev/rob0