[linux-elitists] ATI Radeon support

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed Dec 15 00:02:14 PST 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 02:56:10PM -0800, J. Paul Reed wrote:

> (Granted, the "Open Source Community," like all United States Citizens, are

The open source people live in different jurisdictions, though. Does anyone
know how the fraction among the countries goes? I'd be unsurprised if US was
70-80%.

> constrained by some of these, i.e. IP law, but there aren't as many
> constraints on their behavior in this context.)

If you must publish code anonymously, and even your users are penalized,
that's some constraint. Sure, there's no "follow the money" in this case, but
it can still ruin a life, or ten.

The EU is pulling some fancy tricks right now, trying to push software
patents this year still. People are Not Amused.