[linux-elitists] ATI Radeon support

J. Paul Reed preed@sigkill.com
Tue Dec 14 14:56:10 PST 2004

On 14 Dec 2004 at 14:47:27, Don Marti arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> Same goes for The Corporation(tm).  Individuals who work for the graphics
> hardware vendor have their own motivations too.

Yeah, except *theirs* are constrained by their employment agreement,
intellectual property law, and the good ol' fashioned American concept of
"If you fuck with Corporate America (tm), they will sue your ass into the
ground."

(Granted, the "Open Source Community," like all United States Citizens, are
constrained by some of these, i.e. IP law, but there aren't as many
constraints on their behavior in this context.)

Later,
Paul
J. Paul Reed -- 0xDF8708F8 || preed@sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
                                            -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

I use PGP; you should use PGP too... if only to piss off John Ashcroft