[linux-elitists] ATI Radeon support

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer@videotron.ca
Tue Dec 14 13:29:02 PST 2004

Don Marti wrote:
> So if "Reality is eighty million polygons per
> second." -- Alvy Ray Smith
>
> there's a point at which making mass-market
> graphics hardware better is pointless because of the
> limitations of the human eye.

You don't need to be genetically augmented to see the difference in
graphic quality between an MX400 and a GT 6800 playing Doom3.  There is
more than polygons per second involved, BTW.

That's sad, but if you need even remotely decent 3D performance in
Linux, you have no choice but to taint your kernel.  bzflag and TuxRacer
may have some charm, but I still prefer UT2k4 and NWN.