[linux-elitists] ATI Radeon support

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Mon Dec 13 18:37:53 PST 2004

On 13-Dec-2004, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
> >ATI has already released free software 3D drivers, why can't they
> >continue to do so?
>
> Which driver are you talking about ?

I'm not sure.  My impression, based on past beatings of this drum, was
that some ATI cards had free software drivers for 3D, but later cards do
not.  I may be mistaken in thinking they released the drivers themselves
under a free software license.

--
 \     "Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country." |
  `\                                                  -- Steven Wright |