[linux-elitists] ATI Radeon support

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Mon Dec 13 04:49:55 PST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 12:31:03PM +0000, Sean Neakums wrote:

> Then I fail to see why ATI's latest batch of proprietary slagware
> should be of interest.

Because currently open source drivers have no OpenGL acceleration, and some people
(scientific visualisation) need to do work done on their Linux systems.
Today. Not sometime in future, where we'll get acceleration in X.org. Maybe.

Because the only alternative is Mordor, and you really don't want to go
there, Frodo.