[linux-elitists] Comprehensive list of Linux malware

Peter Whysall peter@whysall.net
Fri Dec 10 04:21:01 PST 2004

on Fri, Dec 10, 2004, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> on Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 10:07:39AM +0000, Peter Whysall (peter@whysall.net) wrote:
>
> > Would it be reasonable to just lop off everything before the gzipped
> > cpio data and then just unpack that? Is cpio not considered to be a
> > standard tool?
>

> cpio's relatively standard, and it's included on tomsrtbt.  There's a
> Perl script which largely does just that, though Perl's not on most boot
> floppies.

Ah, good. I wasn't being facetious about cpio; it's a separate package
on Debian, and I took my concept of "standard" largely from the contents
of the coreutils package.

I've been getting good floppy love (ooer) from Trinux. I especially like
the way it downloads extra bits when a network connection is available.

For chunky booty lovin', though, Knoppix is still king for me.

Regards

Peter.

--
peter@whysall.net