[linux-elitists] Comprehensive list of Linux malware

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer@videotron.ca
Thu Dec 9 17:21:48 PST 2004

Karsten M. Self wrote:
> KISS.  You've heard of it?

Absolutely.  That is why I don't really get why you insist on limiting
yourself to 1.7 MiB of usable space when you could get > 650 MiB out of
a CD-ROM, and access other ressource from the network.  And if a floppy
is all you can get to boot the machine (doubtful), why can't you just
extract required files from another machine, then do your floppy
shuttling from there ?

Your argument is pretty convulated.  I suppose there are many advantages
to the dpkg format over rpm, but making 1992-style system rescue
operations easier is certainly not a very pertinent one.