[linux-elitists] Comprehensive list of Linux malware

Colin Charles byte@aeon.com.my
Sun Dec 5 19:31:12 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 13:07 +1100, Mike MacCana wrote:

> >Been there, done that, lost the T-shirt in the
> >dryer.  Try that with RH.
> >

> You'd insert the first CD and type 'linux rescue', without having to
> download Tom's Root Boot or have a floppy drive (it'd also work on
> kernel 2.6, unlike a floppy based soslution where the kernel wouldn't
> fit). You can also rescue across the network with PXE should your server
> have no local media.

Yes, you need CD1. Or the separate rescue disc. And if you're brave
enough to do it over the network (it really isn't scary), you'd need
stage2.img, which weighs in at around 80MB

And here I am speaking from live pain once before, wishing there was a
quick floppy based solution (especially when you're not even in your own
country, with next to no proper Internet access)

I'm not sure if all 2.6 kernels don't fit on floppies for boot disks, or
if its just the Fedora kernel, where we tend to just build a lot of
things in

Other good news for the day is that we'll be opening up a Fedora Core 3
PowerPC tree today, and we have ISOs, so all you Mac-hardware based
users can enjoy its usage :)
--
Colin Charles, byte@aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/